This coming weekend is Super Bowl Sunday already! Even if you don’t like football, I feel there’s a little something for everyone on this day. Whether it’s a fun party to attend, the funny commercials we all long for, the halftime show entertainment, or the FOOD… it’s always a good time in my opinion. Today I’m sharing a popular dip in our household that I’m always asked to make for group gatherings like the Super Bowl. I’ve shown it on my Instagram stories many times and always get a lot of questions, so this year I thought I’d share it on the blog. WARNING: this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip recipe is NOT healthy (hahaha)!! As always, there’s a printable version of the recipe at the bottom of the post.
BACON CHEESBURGER DIP
16 STRIPS BACON cooked crisp & crumpled into pieces
1 POUND ground beef
2 CLOVES garlic, minced
1 MEDIUM onion, chopped
4 TABLESPOONS ketchup
2 TABLESPOONS Worcestershire sauce
½ CUP mayonnaise
1 CUP cheddar cheese
1 CUP mozzarella cheese
8 OUNCES cream cheese, softened
1 CUP sour cream (I use light version)
1. Cook bacon however you wish. I prefer to use the oven, while I prepare the other ingredients on the stovetop. I cook bacon at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes and then set on paper towels before breaking into pieces. The crispier it is, the easier to crumble up.
2. Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain off any fat.
3. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, Worcestershire sauce & ketchup.
4. Stir in the beef mixture & bacon, saving some bacon crumbles on the side.
5. Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle bacon on top. I use a 9” Pyrex dish.
6. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until it’s bubbly around edges.
7. Serve with your favorite chips! My family likes it with Frito Scoops.
My family loves this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip so much! This year, we’ll actually be on a ski trip during the Super Bowl so I’m making the dip ahead of time and freezing it so we can bring it with us… I’ll let you know how that works out!
Thanks so much for reading and sharing this article! xoxo, JB