Hope this post finds all of you in the midst of a mellow week between Christmas and New Year’s. We’ve had a ton of lazy, movie-watching days here because both boys have taken turns with fevers and colds. Thank goodness for pajamas and school break!
Today I’m sharing a fun, holiday cocktail I made for Christmas Eve. It is delicious! This would make a perfect party drink for any New Year’s Eve gatherings you might be hosting or heading to. The steps are outlined below, but I’ve also included a printable recipe at the bottom of the post. Cheers!
1 ½ OUNCES Tequila (I like Tres Agaves Reposado)
2 OUNCES Cointreau
2 OUNCES White Cranberry Strawberry Juice Cocktail
2 OUNCES Freshly squeezed lime juice (1-2 limes)
Extra Limes for garnish (amount depends on how many cocktails)
1 BAG Fresh cranberries
1 OUNCE Simple syrup (see below for “how to”)
½ CUP Water
½ CUP Sugar
Coarse Salt to rim glasses
To Make Simple Syrup:
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the ½ cup water and ½ sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and let simmer for a couple minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
To Make Cocktail:
1. Dip rim of glass in lime juice, then dip in coarse salt. I like doing a thicker coat so it looks like snow.
2. Fill glass with ice cubes OR use ice cubes in shaker instead.
3. In cocktail shaker, add: Tequila, Cointreau, cranberry juice, lime juice, simple syrup. Shake for 45 seconds.
4. Pour into glass and garnish with floating lime wedge and fresh cranberries.
SWIPE THRU TO SHOP THIS POST (Open in browser):
CLICK BELOW FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE:
Thanks for reading and cheers to a new decade ahead!