Tis the season for all things pink and red, sugary and sweet, love and hearts! This time of year is one of my favorites because I get to do crafty projects with my kiddos. For my two boys, it’s all about bringing fun and cool valentines to pass out to their classmates. This year’s card is going to be really cute and I can’t wait to show you in the next day or two… the boys are so excited about it! In the meantime, I’m sharing the homemade Valentine’s Day cards we’ve constructed over the last four years.
The first three designs are a Pencil Valentine, Cereal Box Valentine, and Cookie Valentine. All three projects can be found in this post here, and include step-by-step instructions as well as updated links to purchase all the necessary items. The fourth idea is the one we made last year with a ruler. This “You Rule, Valentine” is so cute and perfect for boys and girls alike, and I’ve included the free printable!
HOW TO MAKE RULER VALENTINES
– Print desired amount of “You Rule, Valentine!” pages
– Making sure to keep the phrase in the upper quarter of each rectangle, cut each valentine with the following dimensions: 7 ¼” L by 2 ¼” W
– Use a craft knife to slice a 1 ¼” slot on each side of rectangle, approximately 1” inside from each margin (these are the slots the rulers will slide through)
– Place a heart sticker on each valentine and have your child write their name
– Gently slide a ruler into each valentine
SHOP THE ITEMS HERE:
Hope these ideas provide you with some Valentine’s Day card inspiration! Please comment below if you have any questions, and let me know if you end up making any of these projects!
Thanks so much for reading and sharing this article! xoxo, JB